1. Weight the hook shank (optional) from directly above the point of the hook to a spot three eye-widths behind the eye of the hook. Secure, leaving the thread at the tail position.
2. Tie in a shank-length piece of marabou for the tail. At this same point, attach the purple chenille and the saddle hackle. Take the thread forward to the front of the lead.
3. Wrap the purple chenille forward and tie off.
4. Palmer the saddle hackle along the length of the chenille body and tie off.
5. Secure the dumbbell eyes using the figure 8 method, then tie in the egg colored chenille and wrap around the eyes to form the egg head. Whip finish.
Pattern tied by Brad Hanson